12 February 2021

A Heavy Metal Fairy Tale

What if a bunch of guys who had a band in high school, discovered, 30 years or more later, that they have a huge following in Germany? Sounds like a cheesy movie, doesn't it. Turns out that it is a true story. A band by the name of Siren cut a professional demo tape of a few songs 38 years ago, copies of the songs made their way to Europe, which even today loves Heavy Metal.

I suppose this means that dreams can come true, even if it is 40 years later.

Chris Jericho, professional wrestler and lead singer for the Heavy Metal band Fozzy, found out this was true, that Siren had been invited to play a festival in Germany, and was able to send a camera crew to document the whole, insane thing.

I haven't seen the movie; I saw an interview with Chris Jericho in which the movie came up...

This is the trailer for I'm Too Old For This Sh*t — A Heavy Metal Fairy Tale.

And yes, there was a cheesy movie, about a band reuniting after a couple of decades. Probably more than one.

1 comment:

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.