03 October 2024

My Canola (With Apologies to The Knack)

Quick Dick McDick is a farmer in Saskatchewan. I'm also beginning to think that he's a bit insane, but some of his videos are funny. (I'm sure his kids think he's insane.)

For those of you completely divorced from farming, the crop is actually called Rapeseed, or oilseed rape. The scientific name is Brassica napus subspecies napus. Once harvested and dry, it will be crushed and turned into canola oil.

This is Quick Dick McDick's video "My Canola."

He had a video on canola oil production a while back. From the 357 Magnum Archives: Environmentalists, Who’ve No Idea What a Combine Harvester Is…

I love how combine harvesters work. Reap. Separate seed from the chaff. Chop the straw and expel it out the back. Load a cart while on the move, use the cart to load trucks. Why? Because you can't afford downtime. (You may in fact be racing to harvest ahead of a rain storm.) And the precise control that GPS enables is a thing of beauty.

And because no one listens to music that wasn't popular when they were in high school: "My Sharona" by The Knack, from the 1979 album Get the Knack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.