28 September 2024

Ember

Today we have song from a musician I know almost nothing about. He is another artist I was introduced to by way of the Tidal music app. Plini, is an Australian guitarist and songwriter. (That is not his full name, but like Cher, he has dropped everything but his first name.) He says that one of his influences in his playing is the legend Joe Satriani. Steve Vai also had nice things to say about his playing.

As for this song, it showcases his technical proficiency. I am not quite convinced about the songwriting. I will have to listen to more of his work, and to this song again.

This song is "Ember" by Plini. It was released in October as a single from his 1 December 2023 EP, titled Mirage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.