19 August 2024

Karn Evil 9

IOTW Report had a post on the 23rd of July titled, "Welcome Back My Friends to the Show that Never Ends." The title comes from the song "Karn Evil 9" by Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

It still surprises me that they got an album titled Brain Salad Surgery past the suits that ruled the record industry in the 1970s. I guess they didn't get the reference, not being familiar with American popular culture or slang of that era. If you are not familiar, then I suggest you expand your knowledge... I'm sure the internet can help.

This song is "Karn Evil 9" by Emerson, Lake & Palmer from the album Brain Salad Surgery. It is all three movements:

  • 1st Impression (1st Impression: 0:00 - 13:22)
  • 2nd Impression (13:23 to 20:30)
  • 3rd Impression (20:31 to 29:35)

1st Impression was originally split on the LP into 2 parts, because the entire song at just under 30 minutes was too long for one side of a vinyl LP. This is much longer than I usually include in a Musical Interlude, but it is worth it once in a while. Sit back with some good speakers or a decent pair of headphones and enjoy. And yes, I know, it really doesn't go well for Metal for Mondays, but it is way too long for a Saturday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Manicure Records was owned by E.L.P. so getting them to agree to the album title was probably easy. All Atlantic did was distribute the L.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manticore, not manicure. I hate spellchecker.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.