27 April 2024

If an Armed Homeowner Invites You to Leave, You Should Leave

This guy didn't follow that advice. Armed burglary suspect shot by armed homeowner, TN cops say | Charlotte Observer. We have a story from Nashville.

He was pounding on the door, and then on windows. The homeowner armed himself, and told the guy to leave. Instead, he broke the kitchen window, and started to climb into the house. So the homeowner shot him.

Investigators said the 32-year-old suspect was hit in the arm, leading him to drop his revolver near the kitchen sink and take off running.

“Officers located him nearby and when they attempted to render aid (he) became combative,” officials said. “He was transported to Skyline Medical Center where he is being treated for his non-critical gunshot wound.”

So he got shot in the arm for his trouble. He could have easily been shot in the head, and killed. It would have been his choice not to leave in that case as well. I suppose he thought that the homeowner wouldn't actually shoot, though I don't know why you would think that a man defending himself, his home, and possibly his family, wouldn't shoot you in self-defense.

The cops say that all evidence points to this being a case of justifiable self-defense, and so the homeowner is not expected to face charges.

Self Defense is a human right.

3 comments:

  1. " I suppose he thought that the homeowner wouldn't actually shoot, though I don't know why you would think that a man defending himself, his home, and possibly his family, wouldn't shoot you in self-defense."
    ^^ This. If someone pointed a firearm at me and told me they'd shoot, I'd believe them and leave. (Sorry, I tried to comment on this earlier and it didn't "take" apparently.
    Good job of bringing us self-defense stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the problems, though there is nothing I can do... I've had trouble commenting on my own blog posts, even though I am logged into the administrative interface. Google really hates my VPN, my privacy-focused browser extensions, and probably other things as well.

      Delete
  2. Oh, the commenting glitches far more likely due to issues going on with Blooger & Gurgle. Not yours.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.