11 October 2023

Concealed Carry in Chicago

It is becoming a thing. Chicago shooting today: Concealed Carry License holder fires back at gunman who shot CTA employee in Archer Heights - ABC7 Chicago

A bus crash, impacting several vehicles. A drive by Shooting in which a Chicago Transit Authority supervisor was hit. A tow truck driver, with a concealed carry license returned fire, getting the bad guys to leave the area.

And then there were the people caught in the middle. Like Lorenzo Hernandez, who was just trying to get to work.

"The shooting happened so quickly, I didn't have time to react," Hernandez said. "In Chicago, you go to work not knowing if you will come back home. This happens everywhere. I thank God that I didn't get hit."

At the end of the chaotic ordeal, Hernandez said the tow truck driver came over to him to thank him.

"The tow truck driver thanked me. He said if my SUV wasn't there, he would have gotten killed," Hernandez said.

The Chicago media seems to be getting used to the idea that concealed carry might be legal, even in the People's Republic of Chicago.

2 comments:

  1. If I was a kid growing up in that place I'd have one goal. Get the hell out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been in the city of Chicago in nearly 20 years. I see no reason to go back

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.