03 June 2023

Sparky Cars Gonna Spark

I couldn't see parking any EV in my garage. Though some are clearly worse than others. Jaguar I-Pace EV recall due to fire risk in batteries

Jaguar is recalling more than 6,000 I-Pace electric SUVs in the U.S. due to the risk of the high-voltage battery catching fire, and it's telling owners to park them outdoors.

The recall is the latest in a series of electric vehicle battery recalls because of the potential for fires.

They are not alone.

General Motors, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Stellantis and Volkswagen have issued recalls since February of 2020, most due to internal battery failures that can increase the risk of fires.

Until they catch fire, they are zero emissions. (Pay no attention to the coal and natural-gas fired power plants!) After they catch fire, not so much.

1 comment:

  1. And US TAXPAYERS are footing $7500 for each one of them??? WHEN will WE get a break on something that we REALLY NEED??

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.