02 June 2023

I'm Shocked - Shocked I Tell You! - That Politicians Lie and Cheat

OK so I'm not shocked. Battenfeld: Rachael Rollins downfall exposes dark underbelly of politics, media. As far as I can tell, no one tried to steal anything, except an election, but that wouldn't shock me either.

These are the same people who complain about misinformation, and want to censor everything you read, and hear. They are spreading lies, but they believe that is their right. And only their right. "Just shut up and believe what we tell you to believe."

“No mercy. Finish him,” Rollins demanded to Boston City Councilor Ricardo Arroyo in one of their text exchanges about Suffolk County District Attorney Kevin Hayden, whose campaign they were trying to torpedo.

While such attitudes may be more common than many think, the public should rightly be horrified by the abuse of power shown by Arroyo and Rollins, and the deep involvement of the media.

I'm not shocked, because I think politicians live for abusing whatever power they can get their hands on. Not all, but especially at the city level.

And the Boston Globe went along and used "anonymous sources" who were trying to smear one of the candidates. Because it was a juicy story. It just wasn't true. That sounds familiar somehow, as if I can hear echos of "Russia, Russia, Russia" in the background.

The Rollins probe has slimed an untrustworthy press and feeds into why an already cynical public hates and doesn’t trust the media.

The twin investigative reports about Rollins also showed how dangerous it is for the public and media to glorify and lionize public officials.

I don't think anything will change, reporters will continue to shield their friends and attack Republicans and moderate Democrats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.