29 May 2023

Officer Who Shot Homeowner Charged

The Homeowner had called 911. Officer who fatally shot homeowner who called 911 seconds after arriving at scene charged with manslaughter - CBS News

In responding to a 911 call the officer shows up, and in the space of a few seconds, shoots the homeowner multiple times.

Investigators determined that Oldrati gave no verbal commands or warnings before shooting Sharp.

I doubt that this will amount to anything. My guess is that on appeal it will be determined that the officer had Qualified Immunity, which should really be known as Unlimited Immunity. It is (nearly) impossible to hold cops accountable for doing stupid shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.