20 May 2023

Little Talks

So listening to the Faroese singer Eivør got me to go back and listen to some music from Iceland. (Don't worry, this song is in English!) What can I say, my head is like a pinball machine. One of the Icelandic bands I really like is Of Monsters and Men. So let's listen to a song.

Not that there is much in common between Eivør and Of Monsters and Men, except that they are (somewhat) geographically close. The Faroe Islands are about halfway between Norway and Iceland.

This is "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men from their 2011 debut album My Head Is an Animal.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it. It was the 1st single they release, and was a smash hit for them with staying power into at least 2013.

    Iceland has produced some interesting bands/performers over the years. Björk being the most notable probably. KALEO made a splash in the past 10 years or so - I can't remember when they came along. Like most European bands, they all produce most of their stuff in English, with a few in Icelandic songs thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank deb, really like this. I kept trying to sing along, is it very similar to some other song? I'm not sure if I've heard it before, or if it is just like something I have heard... n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were listening to radio in 2011, you probably heard it on your local station. It didn't do too well on the main Billboard chart, but on the Alternative/Adult Contemporary/etc. charts it did well enough to get some time on the radio.

      It may have also been used in TV/Movies, though I can't remember off the top of my head.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.