21 May 2023

Disney Faces Investor Suit Over Disney+ Revenue/Profit

Schadenfreude is a dish best served with a cold drink. Disney Hit With Investor Suit Over Alleged “Cost-Shifting Scheme” In Streaming Division

A suit filed on May 12 in California federal court accuses Disney of engaging in a fraudulent scheme designed to hide Disney+ costs and make forecasts that it would be profitable by 2024 believable. It takes aim at ousted CEO Bob Chapek’s alleged “cost-shifting scheme” to first air certain shows meant to be Disney+ originals on legacy TV networks to conceal the platform “suffering decelerating subscriber growth, losses, and cost overruns,” the suit says.

Click thru for details of the suit including the smoke that Chapek and friends were blowing for a couple of years on the subject of Disney+ profitability, and when we might see some. That would be never, in my estimation.

Disney has destroyed some of my favorite (formerly) movie franchises. Star Wars. Indiana Jones. Marvel. I won't go see any of their movies. They have spit on fans (including me) too often. Eventually any movies will be available via my local library for free. And if they never show up at the library, that is fine as well. Any future movie is not going to be good. Reports are that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is OK; it only seems amazing because of all the drek being produced in Hollywood today. I can wait to see an OK movie if it means NOT giving Hollywood any of my money. YMMV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.