15 April 2023

What the Anheuser-Busch Statement Says

This is my attempt to distill the statement from Brendan Whitworth, CEO of Anheuser-Busch.

I am CEO of a company that exists. I am responsible for customers feelings.

We are honored to exist as a company. We employ people, and we have partners who employ valuable people. We have a history of existing, and we've done stuff to help people during that history

We didn't want be caught up in controversy. We hate controversy.

I have a history outside of the company and it has taught me stuff. I will use that stuff I learned to help the company.

I care about stuff and people. I travel a lot. I listen to people.

In the future we will continue to hate controversy even more than before.

Here is what they actually said. Image was how I found it published on Twitter, but see below for the text as the NY Post reported.

As the CEO of a company founded in America’s heartland more than 165 years ago, I am responsible for ensuring every consumer feels proud of the beer we brew.

We’re honored to be part of the fabric of this country. Anheuser-Busch employs more than 18,000 people and our independent distributors employ an additional 47,000 valued colleagues. We have thousands of partners, millions of fans and a proud history supporting our communities, military, first responders, sports fans and hard-working Americans everywhere.

We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer.

My time serving this country taught me the importance of accountability and the values upon which America was founded: freedom, hard work and respect for one another. As CEO of Anheuser-Busch, I am focused on building and protecting our remarkable history and heritage.

I care deeply about this country, this company, our brands and our partners. I spend much of my time traveling across America, listening to and learning from our customers, distributors and others.

Moving forward, I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers across our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.