08 April 2023

Bacon and Beer - Next Targets of the Nanny State

Because you're too stupid to manage your own diet. Warning over processed meat as EU health chiefs say preservatives used are cancerous | Daily Mail Online

Health bosses have issued a fresh warning over cancer-causing chemicals found in bacon and beer.

Society's current level of consumption of nitrosamines 'raises a health concern', EU officials warned today.

It's for your own good. Or it's for the children. Give up your freedoms. The all-powerful government says so.

4 comments:

  1. The part where I say.... "They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers" goes here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to object to the term "nanny state" because nannies actually care for the children entrusted to them. The various governmental bodies don't care a bit for us.

    Isn't the answer to "the preservatives used are cancerous" to require something else be used rather than attack the buyers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RE: Nanny State - I don't disagree, but it is the "standard shorthand"

      As for requiring other preservatives, that wouldn't allow them to seize more control

      Delete
  3. Ohhboy! Experts! Gonna Fix something Again!
    Never seen that happen

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.