29 April 2023

A Brother Defended His Sister

What else should he have done? Man killed in Tuscaloosa was fatally shot while attacking ex-girlfriend, police say

The guy who got shot had been in a relationship with the woman. It was an abusive relationship, and he apparently didn't understand the sentence, "It's over!"

Residents of the complex told investigators that on Saturday, Giles had made threats to come to the apartment.

He eventually did go the apartment on Sunday, where authorities say he broke down the door, entered and began to physically assault his ex.

The assault victim’s brother grabbed a gun and shot Giles, [Capt. Jack] Kennedy [of the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit] said.

Once all the reports are complete, a grand jury will decide if charges are filed. I'm not sure about Alabama, but in several states a grand jury decides every homicide case. That said, the police are treating it like self-defense.

Defending yourself, and your family, is a human-right.

5 comments:

  1. I am fortunate to live in a county in Florida where the Sherrif is pro personal defense and has gone on TV to tell all law abiding residents to get a gun, learn to handle it safely, and be prepared to help the police in getting scumbags off the streets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would that be Polk County and Grady Judd? I seriously considered moving to Polk County, but I decided if I was going to move that far away from people I knew on the coast, I needed to move farther to be closer to other people I know.

      But Grady Judd and a few other sheriffs in Florida are nation treasures, though the Left doesn't see them that way.

      You mess with the people in Florida, and you are going to get smoked.

      Delete
    2. That would be Sheriff Wayne Ivey, just a couple of counties east of Polk County. Both LEO's cut from the same cloth.

      Delete
    3. There are things I really miss about Florida.

      Delete
  2. I'm really at a loss to explain why this doesn't happen more often.Family means everything, I guess, unless your sister is certifiable. What's happened to the men in this country that are afraid to get involved when a family member is being beaten or harassed? 3 sisters here. All of their men have known what might happen if they laid a hand on them.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.