04 March 2023

The Mansion

Roy Khan quit Kamelot during a period when he was feeling burnt-out, and dealing with health/family issues. Anyway in the past few years he has rejoined his band from the 1990s, Conception. I was slow in realizing that. Conception actually put out an album in 2020, but it was only in November of last year that I became aware of it.

It contains some nice songs, and maybe a few I don't care for. But the song we have for today features two of my favorite vocalists, Roy Khan and Elize Ryd singing together. Both singers are usually associated with Power Metal, but today's song doesn't sound Metal, and so we are on a Saturday morning. There is a great guitar solo, but it sings instead of screams. I think you will like it.

This song is "The Mansion" by Conception featuring vocals by Elize Ryd, usually of Amaranthe. It is from their 2020 album State of Deception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.