19 March 2023

He Suffered a Failure of the Victim-selection Process

Maybe he didn't think a homeowner in Chicago would be armed. He was wrong if that was the case. Intruder met by barking dog, armed homeowner: Illinois cops | Charlotte Observer

I'm not sure why this story is only showing up in my news feeds this week, but I didn't see in the first week of March.

An intruder is in the hospital after breaking into a basement and being met by a barking dog and armed homeowner, according to Illinois authorities.

A resident in northwestern Chicago was woken up by his dog barking just after 1 a.m. on Sunday, March 5, the Chicago Police Department said in a news release.

The guy started to 'approach' the homeowner, and the homeowner shot him. Cops showed up and he was taken to a local hospital. The would-be bad-guy has been arrested, but cops have not said anything about what charges he faces.

Self-defense is a human-right, even in the People's Republic of Illinois, but the DA hasn't ruled on the legal right yet, as far as I can tell, though cops did not arrest the homeowner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.