15 February 2023

No Honor Among Thieves

I guess some things never change. Tennessee car burglar begs neighbors for help after injured homeowner returns fire on group of suspects: cops | Fox News

Of the 4 guys who were breaking into cars, three got away. They just left their buddy behind.

The unidentified homeowner living in the Websters Grove subdivision in Shelby County said he received a call from a neighbor on Thursday evening that there were several people standing outside his residence, Shelby County deputies told CBS Memphis affiliate WREG.

The homeowner told authorities that when he went outside, he saw two men in his driveway and another two men sitting in a white car on the street. The two in the driveway made a run for it when they spotted the homeowner, with one suspect firing a gun at the homeowner.

The homeowner was struck in the ankle but he returned fire. Like I said, the 3 without honor abandoned their buddy. 18-year-old Marreo Mays was arrested. He has been charged with burglary and vandalism.

I'm not sure that going to investigate was the wisest move, but I do understand why people do it. I will only point out he is lucky that his injury wasn't worse than being shot in the ankle.

As for the guy who got arrested, he is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

A suspected car burglar in Tennessee found himself begging for help from area residents after his intended victim returned gunfire, according to the local sheriff's office.

How is that supposed to work? "Hi, me and my buddies were burglarizing you neighbor's car, but they left me behind. Can you help me out?"

Self-defense is a human-right, and Tennessee is not New Jersey.

2 comments:

  1. I will ALWAYS go investigate things that A) go bump in the night B) set ALL my dogs off at once (one barks at everything, if the other two join in there is something out there) C) trip my security camera or alarm system. As soon as my shouts of "GTFO" result in weapons being brandished or used in my direction, that individual(s) cease to draw breath.

    "Gee officer, I just went out to get something from my truck and found this guy(s) out there and he/they attacked me. Why did I have a gun? Well, I always do."

    Actually, I have an Ultimate Plan from CCWSafe, so I won't talk to LEO until after I have conferred with my provided attorney, regardless how long it takes them to arrive on scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. You are free to do whatever you want
      2. If that statement came to light in a trial, it would probably complicate things for you - CCW ultimate or not

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.