29 December 2022

What's the Interest Rate on Borrowed Trouble?

Was anything in his truck worth dying for? Because he could have been killed. Houston crime: Man shot after confronting suspected robbers | KHOU

According to police, the man was home when he heard noises in the driveway. When he stepped outside he found a man in his work van and another man on the side of his house.

He confronted them, and he was shot in the shoulder.

Trust me when I tell you that I know how being burglarized is disturbing. I don't know what it is like to be shot, though I have a firearm pointed at me.

I know we live in world where crime is a thing, and getting worse. It seems to be worse every day. But some things are worth facing death over, and some things are not. I don't know about you, but I don't store anything worth my life in my vehicle. You may look at the world differently, of course.

It doesn't say in the article, or in the others I looked at which covered this incident, but when I put Houston, and "work truck" together I feel justified in guessing that he was armed when he confronted the robbers. If he wasn't well, that would be one more reason to stay inside and call police. If he was, that's a reminder that having a firearm doesn't make you invincible. It only gives you a chance to fight for your life. Your life, not you stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.