25 December 2022

Fighting With Family for the Holidays

And here I thought my family gatherings were tense. Family fight ends in claimed self-defense shooting - Local News 8

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho (Bonneville County Sheriff's Office Media Release) - Just after 4 p.m. this afternoon, Bonneville County Sheriff’s Deputies and Idaho Falls Fire responded to a disturbance on Dennis Circle where a man was shot. The reporting party advised dispatch an adult male family member had attacked him, and he fired a handgun in self-defense striking him in the leg.

The homeowner/shooter and his wife are cooperating with police, and the guy who got shot was taken to a local hospital.

This is another incident that points up the fact that people you know can be a threat. The Left loves to make a deal about how if you own a gun, you are statistically more likely to shoot someone you know. That is because you probably know - on some level - people who are going to be a problem. It doesn't have to be family, it could be the ex-coworker who turned into a stalker. It could be a creepy neighbor, or someone like that. Or it could be family. (See the definition of Domestic Violence.)

In any event, self-defense is a human-right.

1 comment:

  1. Not really a holiday story but on point never the less. In my late teens, senor year in high school, my mother remarried my violent alcoholic father. What was worse was that he read the cheesy spy and detective stories and when truly drunk he would hallucinate that he was living through one of those stories. He would creep through the house with a gun looking for intruders. Fortunately no one ever came into the yard or turned around in the driveway during those times. We lived in a semi-rural area. My brother, one year younger, and I always kept our hunting guns loaded in our bedroom in case we had to shoot him. I got away to college after one year, but my brother was stuck for another. All of us children had stress related issues but my brother seems to have ended up with full blown PTSD.
    What did the person who brought this hell into our lives do when it got bad? Jumped in her car by herself and disappeared for a while, until things calmed down. Thanks Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.