27 November 2022

I'm Shocked - Shocked! - to Think There May Be Corruption in Politics

OK, so I'm not that shocked that there are shady dealings in NYC. Sliwa urges city probe of Adams links to felons, suspect hires

Possible free meals. Dealing with convicted felons. Hiring "unindicted co-conspirators." Sounds like standard operating procedures for politics in Chicago, though this is NYC.

Eric Adams’ Republican rival in the election for City Hall last year, Guardian Angels founder Curtis Sliwa, is calling on the Department of Investigation to probe the mayor’s dealings with convicted felons and his hiring of cronies with checkered pasts or questionable qualifications for top government posts.

“It’s one outrage after another outrage,” Sliwa said in a letter sent to DOI.

Sliwa also raises questions about whether the mayor is getting free meals from a restaurant, a practice that cops are forbidden to do.

None of this would surprise me, or the other things he brings up. Corruption in politics? Isn't that like a dog-bites-man kind of story. Hardly news where I'm from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.