30 September 2022

Everything Wrong With Hollywood in One Interview

I miss the days when entertainment was supposed to be entertaining. From The Other McCain: ‘The Hard-Hitting Social Commentary We’re Trying to Get Across’

Olivia Wilde has a new movie. It isn't supposed to be entertaining. It is supposed to convey how much she hates Jordan Peterson. Of course since she hasn't read any of his work, or probably seen any of his videos, what she actually hates is "an ignorant stereotype of Peterson." Because she was told to hate him by her feminist mistresses. And she won't question those marching orders.

If the only tool you’ve got is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. And if the only ideology you have is feminism, every problem looks like misogyny. Because of the unipolar dynamic of feminist ideology, everything they consider problematic is lumped together as part of an oppressive system, and therefore Professor Peterson gets dumped into the same “basket of deplorables” as Donald Trump and “incels.”

Such is the “hard-hitting social commentary” Olivia Wilde wedged into her new movie, and really, Harry Styles needs to dump that bitch.

There is more on the insanity. Click thru.

I haven't given much money to Hollywood in a long time, and none in the past 2 or 3 years. I used to go to a movie at least once a month. There was a time, shortly after I retired when you could see a matinee for a few bucks. While living in Florida, I would grab lunch at my favorite deli, catch a first-run movie at about 2 PM or so, and miss the heat of the day, which in July or August in the Tampa Bay area was worth missing. But there was usually some movie that promised entertainment. Not anymore, it is all virtue signalling, and no entertainment.

2 comments:

  1. That's one of the reasons I have been buying old DVDs at Goodwill for the last couple of years. Plenty of good movies that I missed the first time, or would like to watch again, for $1 or $2 each. I've been ripping them to my hard drive for convenience, and have ripped over 600 so far. I generally use a Media Player app on the Roku to access the windows media server (just a shared folder really) on my network.

    I get to watch a movie, and no new money goes to Hollywood bankers who hate me. (and streaming would end that, if they could.)

    n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I will have to check my local Goodwill. I've been getting DVDs from the library, for the same reason.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.