07 August 2022

Critical Drinker on the Cancellation of Batgirl

Critical Drinker is back in Scotland after a week at Tampa Bay Comic Con, and he has some things to say about the cancellation - excuse me, "indefinite shelving" - of the film Batgirl by Warner Brothers Discovery.

Does this mean the end of The Message™? Probably not the end, but maybe the beginning of the end. Maybe, just maybe, Hollywood will get back to storytelling, and stories that people want to see. Maybe they will start to treat their intellectual property as something to be safeguarded, and not as something to piss on to prove how enlightened they are. I'm not holding my breath. Drinker on the other hand is a bit optimistic.

This is the Critical Drinker video for Batgirl Cancelled - A Sign Of Things To Come?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.