20 May 2022

Vangelis — 29 March 1943 to 17 May 2022

Do people know who Vagelis was? Vangelis, composer for ‘Chariots of Fire’ and ‘Blade Runner,’ dead at 79

Born in Greece, Evángelos Odysséas Papathanassíou became more well known to the world as Vangelis. He went on to create the scores for “Antarctica,” “The Bounty” and “Alexander.”

But the “Chariots” theme song, which reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, became his most famous work and won him an Oscar in 1982.

Besides Chariots of Fire, and Blade Runner, he was involved with the score of the 1984 movie Bounty with Mel Gibson as Fletcher Christian and Anthony Hopkins as William Bligh. And a bunch of stuff I've never heard of. Here's a link to IMDB.

I imagine that most people, if they include a song, will use the theme from Chariots of Fire, but I heard so much of it in the 80s, I am still tired of it.

This is "Love Theme" from the movie Blade Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.