26 May 2022

He Suffered a Failure of the Victim-selection Process

Maybe he thought robbing an a 69-year-old woman would be easy. Maybe he was on drugs or just plain insane. ‘I had to do what I had to do:’ Florida woman, 69, shoots, kills intruder

For the geographically challenged, Orange County, Florida is basically suburban Orlando. It does include Orlando, but if they say the location is Orange County... Though I don't know how large the county is.

“I feel sorry for his family, but I had to do what I had to do,” said Virginia Morrison, who owns the home.

The sheriff’s office told News 6 that the man entered the home and startled Morrison, who asked the man to leave. She shot the man when he refused to leave the property, according to deputies.

Charges are up to the State's Attorney for Orange County, but Florida has not morphed into New Jersey.

Self-defense is a human-right.

Hat tip to Gatordoug at the Daley Gator: Home Invader picks wrong damn house, wins trip to after life, in which he notes:

Dear bad guys: Lots of Floridians are armed, and will respond to threats like you breaking in their home. Maybe get a new line of work?

I always think it is strange the bad guys have not gotten that memo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.