09 April 2022

God

I'm not sure why, but one of the streaming services started dropping in songs from the 1990s Women's Music scene. (Sometimes stylized Womyn's Music.) That was a time when a whole class of artists couldn't get the time of day from record labels.

The music wasn't exactly rock in a lot of instances, or not at all in other cases. And besides even women singing rock can struggle with the tiny minds running most of the music industry, now as well as then. Though some were able to achieve mainstream success. These artists included Tori Amos, The Indigo Girls, Kate Bush, kd lang (her stage name is not capitalized) and more.

This song is "God" by Tori Amos from her 1994 album Under the Pink.

2 comments:

  1. Tori Amos has a few songs that are pleasant, but too many that sound like she's emulating a cat caught in a dumpster. My ex-wife loved to listen to her for hours, which led me to find chain saw work to do in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no accounting for taste. I haven't really listened to Tori Amos in years, but I do own a couple of CDs which I listened to all the time.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.