26 April 2022

Crazy People Are Dangerous

A mass shooting as a way to "be remembered." Civilization was nice while it lasted. ‘The Nicest Kid in Our Grade’.

First off, I absolutely love this comment.

(It’s always the “quiet kid,” you notice? All those teachers who gave me demerits and sent me to the principal’s office for talking too much in class owe me an apology. It was the quite kids who were the real danger, not me.)

The mass shooting in DC was in a "nice neighborhood." Not gang-related. Not terrorism. Not political.

Instead, Raymond Spencer was a random kook

But real problem is our inability to deal with mental illness. Though I'm not clear if he did anything before this rampage to have been committed. Even if he did something, we don't institutionalize the mentally unstable. It isn't fair. (And everyone thought that One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was a documentary, so of course we had to put an end to that.)

We are currently about 50 years into an experiment of “disinstitutionalizing” the mentally ill, and there are so many kooks running around nowadays that scarcely a week goes by without one of them doing something crazy like this. But the good news, such as it is, is that at least none of Raymond Spencer’s victims died from their wounds, and he committed suicide, thus sparing taxpayers the expense of locking him away for the rest of his life. A win-win, really.

Click thru for the details and more commentary from Robert Stacy McCain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.