13 March 2022

Virtue Signalling Is NOT Actual Virtue

Cabinet card portrait of Pyotr Ilyich TchaikovskyThis is beyond stupid. Virtue Signaling Leftists Cancel Tchaikovsky – You Know, ‘Cuz He Was Russian

Tchaikovsky was born in 1840 and died in 1893. What exactly does he have to do with a 21st Century invasion of Ukraine?

Before I get to this nonsense about Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, I feel like I should come clean with those virtue-signaling Leftists out there. The one’s pretending to stand with Ukraine by rejecting Vodka and such.

Such is the insanity of our time.

To which Billy Binion at Reason adds this very relevant bit.
Nationality and prodigious talent aside, …The composer [Tchaikovsky] is an inappropriate scapegoat for another reason: He was one of the first and only Russian composers to eschew Russian nationalism and endear his music to the West

Also, Cardiff has a symphony? Who knew?

Actually, the only thing I know about Cardiff is that the BBC show Torchwood was set there. I'm sure it is a lovely city. There were a few quips in the Torchwood pilot about Cardiff. Such as, "If there was a CSI: Cardiff they'd be measuring the speed of a thrown kipper."

1 comment:

  1. And, he was homosexual at a time it was not publicly acceptable...

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.