26 March 2022

Fire

I love knowing about new music. And this is about as new as it gets. Floor Jansen, lead singer for Nightwish, released a solo single yesterday, and while Nightwish is a Symphonic Metal band, today's song is Pop (as described by Floor).

It is so much better than the "Pop" music coming out of America today. She doesn't need AutoTune to sing. The musicians backing her are actual musicians. I think you might enjoy it. (The tympani had me double-guessing that statement about musicians for a bit, until the violins came in, and I realized what I was hearing.)

This is "Fire" by Floor Jansen. It was released as a single on Friday.

That is the "official video" and for a change, I don't mind it. If you want just the audio, that can be found at this link.

I've looked at a few of the interviews she's given, and although she has written more than one new piece of music, there is no talk of an album being in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.