07 February 2022

I Don't Know

Yngwie (“ING-vay”) Malmsteen is a guitar player who was mostly out of sync with the musical tastes of the 1990s. His guitar playing would have been right at home in the late 1970s Rock & Roll scene, and he was clearly influenced by Van Halen, but as far as I know he never achieved the kind of fame he could have had. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I don't think that his being Swedish would have stood in his way. Being Dutch didn't stop Eddie Van Halen or his brother Alex.

Yngwie is certainly good at playing guitar, not as good as EVH, but good. I don't think the songwriting is holding him back, but in the mid 1990s, Grunge was more the thing.

This song is "I Don't Know" by Yngwie Malmsteen from the 1994 album The Seventh Sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.