20 December 2021

The "Progressive" Environment at Tesla

Just another tech firm that doesn't get it. Tesla sexual harassment lawsuits multiply as 6 more women sue Musk-led firm | Ars Technica

Also, I would like to note that groping is assault, and the police should be called. Also, I firmly believe in non-proportional theory of response. You lay your hands on me, and I will break your arm. (Something I could have actually done in my youth.)

Six more women sued Tesla yesterday, alleging that the company failed to stop rampant sexual harassment at factory facilities in Fremont, California, and service centers in the Los Angeles area.

The lawsuits are similar to one filed last month by employee Jessica Barraza, who alleged that she and other women working in the carmaker's Fremont factory have been subjected to "nightmarish conditions of rampant sexual harassment," including offensive comments, propositions, and "frequent groping on the factory floor." Barraza alleged that managers and human resources personnel failed to protect her even though she complained repeatedly.

The most telling section of the article is titled “Misconduct reflects an attitude at the top.” Go read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.