20 December 2021

Christmas Truce

Sabaton, a Heavy Metal band with a thing for songs dealing with historical events, have released a song just in time for the holidays. The song commemorates the Christmas Truce of 1914 during the First World War, during which a spontaneous cease fire broke out December 24th through the 26th on the Western Front.

And today we’re all brothers
Tonight we’re all friends
A moment of peace in a war that never ends

And so in the spirit of the holidays...

This song is "Christmas Truce" by Sabaton. It was just released as a single on October 28th. I think they have an album coming out soon, but as I type this I can't remember if they've announced a date/name for that album.

There is an official video, that is supposed to depict life in the trenches - though there is not enough mud everywhere. Like most official videos, I find it distracting. If you're interested it is easy enough to find. (A YT search will probably list it as your first choice.)

2 comments:

  1. New album The War To End All Wars drops 4 Mar 2022. https://www.sabaton.net/news/music/pre-order-new-album-the-war-to-end-all-wars/

    Disclaimer - I get nothin', just passing info.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.