19 November 2021

DuPage County Is NOT Cook County

He didn't get a token bail amount in Dupage County. $1 million bail set for father accused of opening fire at Safari Land birthday party

I don't know why a person who opened fire at a children's birthday party, striking his intended victim 3 times was offered bail, but I'm not a lawyer or a judge.

Dupage County, Illinois is essentially due west of Chicago's Loop, and this incident took place about 20 or 25 miles from the Loop at the Safari Land indoor amusement park in Villa Park.

It was apparently a domestic incident. He shot the boyfriend of his child's mother at the child's birthday party. He wasn't invited, and given this is how he acted, I'm not surprised.

Prosecutors said the victim was attending a birthday party for his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter, who also is Norris' daughter. Norris was not invited to the party.

The prosecutor expressed shock at the incident.

"Mr. Norris' alleged actions, with multiple children literally just feet away, demonstrate the most horrifying disregard for public safety I have seen in my 30-plus years as a prosecutor."

Bail was set at $1 million. In Cook County I would not have been surprised to see him released on his own recognizance, and maybe be subjected to electronic monitoring.

1 comment:

  1. No, in Cook county the person that he shot would be getting the ankle monitor.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.