15 November 2021

Corruption in State Government

OK, so I'm not shocked at all about corruption in government. Or maybe it is just criminal stupidity. Ohio Job and Family Services employee got unemployment benefits

Unemployment fraud hit close to home when an employee working with unemployment claims was receiving benefits at the same time, according to an Ohio Inspector General investigation.

Between December and March, interim employee Angela Calderon received nearly $10,000 working for the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services while also receiving $9,650 in unemployment benefits, penalties and interest.

Accountability? Verifying benefits? Sanity? This is the government we are talking about. I'm surprised that the bogus payments only amounted to 10 grand or so.

2 comments:

  1. Between December and March? That’s only three months. That’s only eighty grand a year, give or take. I was going to say that’s not worth it. But I forgot the taxes. That’s well over a hundred grand after taxes. A lot more than I’ve ever made in a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meanwhile, me, Mr Joe Average taxpayer waited months on my unemp claim to be decided against me.

    I said screw it and retired.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.