22 November 2021

Blackbird

Another round of my (fruitless) quest to make people understand that what goes by the name of Heavy Metal today is what we called Hard Rock back in the dark ages of the pre-Walkman 1970s.

Today's song is definitely Rock & Roll, if a bit low-key in parts. Guitars, drums, with no screaming and none of the Death Metal, Death Growl. And there is a nice guitar solo that that starts at about 4 minutes and 35 seconds in. It doesn't last long enough, of course. They never do.

Alter Bridge is made up of guitarist Mark Tremonti (Creed, Tremonti, etc.), vocalist and rhythm guitarist Myles Kennedy (vocalist for Slash's backing band), bassist Brian Marshall (Creed), and drummer and keyboardist Scott Phillips (Creed).

I have been trying to decide if Myles Kennedy's singing reminds me of someone. He definitely sounds like his singing would have been at home on a 1970s Rock & Roll station. Here's a link to the lyrics.

This is "Blackbird" by Alter Bridge. It is the title song to their 2007 album.

1 comment:

  1. His vocals do remind me of someone. I want to say it was a band big in the 90s or 00s. Can't pull it from the memory banks. Some day I'll hear a song of theirs and make the connection.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.