07 October 2021

Reporters Still Don't Understand the Definition of Victim

They also don't understand the difference between aggressor and victim. Baseball bat-wielding victim shot in foot

The sheriff's office reported deputies later learned the victim had left the residence after having an argument with the homeowner, only return later armed with a baseball bat. According a press release from HCSO, the armed victim approached the homeowner in an aggressive manner, to which the homeowner discharged a round toward the ground, striking the victim in the foot.

If someone came to my house and approached me "aggressively" while he was armed with a baseball bat, I would not have aimed at his feet. I would have tried to stop the threat. And a baseball bat is a lot of threat.

There is no mention of the guy with the bat being arrested, but then the reporter seems confused about other things. (And if he was arrested, and if the reporter ADMITTED that he was arrested, it would be hard to paint him as a victim of the Eeeevil Gun Owner!)

Now some will argue that the reporters aren't that stupid. They are just dishonest haters of gun owners. I could embrace that view, but after consideration I come down on the side of "Reporters are stupid." While it is not a hill I will die on, I do believe it to be true.

Still, self-defense is a human-right, and it is usually a legal right in North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.