23 August 2021

Waking Dream & Abyss

Unleash the Archers is a mix of Old School Heavy Metal, Power Metal and Melodeath. Since they are out of British Columbia, language is not an issue, though it is interesting to note that like other North American Metal bands (Kamelot and Tremonti spring to mind), they had to go to Europe to find a record label, since the American music industry is run by idiots.

I've come to like their work. Or most of it anyway. Brittany Hayes has a great voice for Power Metal.

This is "Waking Dream / Abyss" by Unleash the Archers. These are the first 2 songs off their 2020 album Abyss, except it is hard to say where one stops and the other begins.

2 comments:

  1. I went to YouTube on the TV so I could turn it up.. The screwed up eustachian tubes just will not allow me to pull the lyrics out. The music, I can get that. They are energetic without being frenetic. Dramatic without oppressing,,
    I wonder how many times someone listened to Yes, Relayer.
    I usually just don't even bother with the music links, but the
    They had to go to Europe to get a deal
    Made me give them a try.. I'm glad I did, I just wish my frikkin ears didn't sound like busted speakers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a similar problem. Too much rock and roll in my youth, and also power tools and firearms with no hearing protection in my youth.

      here is a link to the lyrics:
      http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/unleashthearchers/abyss.html#1

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.