21 August 2021

My Prediction: No One Will Evacuate Ahead of Hurricane Henri

People have been urged to evacuate, but they won't. Coastal evacuations urged as Hurricane Henri heads north

It's only a Category 1 Hurricane. How bad can it be?

Aside from not evacuating, they also won't have any water, canned goods, anyway to cook, any way read. They won't have any cash - they're too cool for cash, they use Apple Pay! - but with no power there will no internet.

What was that about no power? Hurricane Henri could leave millions of people in New England without power for up to 10 days.

Long Island Power Authority, or PSEG-LI, which serves over 1 million people, said some residents should brace for outages of 7-10 days. It also urged people to be prepared.

That is why I wrote "canned goods" and not "frozen food" above. And you had better not leave all of that food in the freezer for 7 days. Unless you want to buy a new freezer that is. (I know because of a work fridge in Florida that was without power for a long weekend. Nasty.)

So. In short. No water, no food, no money, no gas in any cars, with maybe one or two bridges out. The screaming for the .gov to "save me" because "it is somebody else's job to protect me from completely foreseeable events." Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.