30 August 2021

G.O.A.T.

This song served as my introduction to Polyphia. As is usual these days, it was via a Rick Beato video. I have been listening to them on and off for the past month or so. I quite like their approach.

Guitar-bending instrumental group Polyphia have distinguished themselves as prog rock mavericks, playing a style that falls somewhere between blisteringly fast metal-god virtuosity and pure pop. [Ref. AllMusic.]

And yes. Prog is officially part of Heavy Metal. Besides, I make the rules.

I was wrong in my previous post, where I implied that all of their new work is instrumental. I would guess that 90 percent is instrumental, maybe more.

This song is "G.O.A.T." by Polyphia, from their 2018 album New Levels New Devils. While I like the music, I find the video distracting. (I don't usually listen via YouTube.)

2 comments:

  1. The mind that was able to blend that cacophony into a coherent, pleasurable listening experience is Waaay on out there.
    In the fwiw department, I'm not big on music. But that was cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polyphia may be one of the best new groups. Certainly one of the best out of America.

      People that can actually play real instruments, well enough to do live shows. Not just manipulate sounds on a PC, that need 100s of takes to get one line down.

      Anyway, glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.