15 July 2021

Self-defense Is Legal in Tennessee

But then I suspected that it was. Officer's daughter cleared in parking lot shooting

A Johnson City police officer’s daughter was cleared by a Washington County grand jury of any wrongdoing for shooting a man earlier this year after he pointed a gun at her.

When cops realized who she was, they called the District Attorney, who asked the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to handle the investigation. He took those results to a grand jury.

As described in the news story, it is clearly self-defense.

Did she do everything right? No, not in my opinion. But just because I would have done somethings differently doesn't make her wrong. Or guilty of a crime.

1 comment:

  1. He pointed a gun at her then lowered it and turned around....he could have easily changed his mind. He could have spun around and shot her in less than a second. I say she was smart. She waited he turn then took care of business.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.