21 July 2021

On a Per Capita Basis, Philadelphia Beats Chicago for Murders

I write about Chicago crime, because it used to be home, and it is easy. But other cities arguably have bigger problems. Philly to Chicago: ‘Hold My Beer’

Every time I write about the ghastly homicide toll in Chicago, our friend Dana Pico pipes up to remind me that the per-capita homicide rate in Philadelphia is actually worse. Do the math, says Dana, and the homicide rate in Chicago currently works out to about 27 per 100,000 population annually, while in “Kill-a-delphia,” the current rate is about 35 per 100,000 annually — about 25% higher. So while the forecast in Chicago continues to be “partly cloudy with widely scattered afternoon and evening gunfire,” it’s always pouring down murder in Philadelphia

Click thru for more on the state of Kill-a-delphia.

For the latest weekend stats from Chicago, see my post, Another Banner Weekend in Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.