16 June 2021

Shine

I noted some time ago that Bond is a band that defies labels. Classical instruments. A bit of electronica. A pop sensibility. Just enough to alienate everyone since they got started in 2000.

From their Pandora profile:

They raised the classical world’s ire with their short skirts and electronic programming, but Bond wasn’t purely pop or dance either, alienating them on most sides. Born appeared Decca in early 2001, and showcased salsa, house, and European folk textures over modified classical melodies. The following year’s Shine was a hit on the classical crossover charts, a place inhabited by similarly accessible artists like Josh Groban and Sarah Brightman.

They show up regularly in the playlists that Pandora creates for me in the evenings, when I am reading. I had thought I read that they disbanded, but they put out an EP in December of 2020, which I haven't heard... And they were trying to schedule a concert in London in April, but the UK was being a bit silly.

This is "Shine" by Bond. It is the title track to their 2002 album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.