14 June 2021

Hallowed Be Thy Name

So I've been listening to music trying to capture some of the ideas from Rick Beato about actual songwriting. You know, the stuff that is almost completely absent from today's Pop Music. So today we have a song from 1982 that has had some thought put into the lyrics, it has had some thought put into the music, in that it changes rhythm quite dramatically after the introduction, and then there are actual cues in the music caught by the rhythm section and the singer.

In the interest of complete transparency, Iron Maiden is not a group I normally listen to. This song came up in one of my music services and so... I'm not sure how I feel about the song as a whole, though parts of it, like the lyrics and the guitar solo that starts at about 4 minutes and 45 seconds, certainly "work."

Here's a link to the lyrics, though I'm not sure it is needed, since Bruce Dickinson's singing style is to enunciate everything very clearly.

Today's song is "Hallowed Be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden from their 1982 album The Number of the Beast, though this is the 2015 remastered version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.