21 February 2021

“No one will enforce the law”

Because of course they are protecting criminals over regular, law-abiding folks. Welcome to the reality of 21st Century America. Homeowners in Miami-Dade having issues removing squatters despite obtaining court order from judge

Forget about the moratorium on evictions of people who hold leases. You still can't get rid of them, even if they don't pay. But squatters are being protected as well. At least in Miami-Dade they are.

“No one will enforce the law,” Harris said. “I have called the sheriff’s office five or six times. They said we can’t do anything because the Mayor of Dade County will not let us. And I’ve shot her a lot of e-mails.”

Harris said he spent $20,000 on legal fees to have Stewart removed through the courts and get the writ.

“It makes my blood boil,” he said. “I got a squatter living in my condo that has no right, no lease. I’m making the payments, and he refuses to leave, and no one will make him leave.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.