04 February 2021

I'm Shocked That Businesses Pay Attention to Economics

What does an extra $4/hour come to at zero hours? (I know, math is hard!) 2 California supermarkets closing after city orders pay hike

Okay, so I'm not that shocked. And I'm really not shocked that California politicans are completely clueless.

Kroger Co. will close two Southern California supermarkets in response to a local ordinance requiring extra pay for certain grocery employees working during the pandemic.

The stores are described as "struggling." And what did the city counsil think would happen? Money would just magically appear? Hey it is California, that is probably EXACTLY what they thought.

A similar hazard pay wage increase has been approved by the city of Montebello and is being considered in Los Angeles, Pomona, Oakland, San Jose and other San Francisco Bay Area cities.

They're helping, really. The fact that people are now out of work is not their fault. It is those EEEEEVIL corporations. As for the image, well, Barbie does live in Malibu, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.