15 February 2021

Illusion

Soen is a band I ran across a year or two ago. They have been compared to Tool, mostly because they are Progressive Metal, and have been known to use time-signatures other than 4/4. Though today's song is fairly straightforward. Soen put out a new album last month, so let's listen to one of the singles they released.

Today's song is also a little low-key for Heavy Metal, but there is some guitar work that qualifies. It could be a power ballad, though it doesn't quite feel that way to me. Soen has been known to be more Progressive than Metal. I'll let you decide.

This is "Illusion" by Soen from their January 2021 album Imperial. It was also released as a single in January about a week ahead of the album.

2 comments:

  1. Found some heavy metal humor the other day. Have you seen the Batmetal animations from ArhyBES? It is just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I hadn't run across that. I will have to look it up.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.