04 February 2021

Cuomo Versus The Health Experts

Because he knows best. 9 Top N.Y. Health Officials Have Quit as Cuomo Scorns Expertise - The New York Times

The New York State Health department is disintegrating under Cuomo's "leadership." The leadership is in quotes because I don't believe he is a leader. (More on that later.)

Even as the pandemic continues to rage and New York struggles to vaccinate a large and anxious population, Mr. Cuomo has all but declared war on his own public health bureaucracy. The departures have underscored the extent to which pandemic policy has been set by the governor, who with his aides crafted a vaccination program beset by early delays.

As for the quotes, mentioned above...

“When I say ‘experts’ in air quotes, it sounds like I’m saying I don’t really trust the experts,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said of pandemic policies. “Because I don’t.”

Governor knows best. Even when it is clear that he's clueless. Admit it. It would be satisfying to hit him with the cluebat, even if you know you can't really do it. (Hat tip to Just One Minute.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.