06 January 2021

I Thought Cooperation Was the Key to Safety

This guy didn't get that memo. Hudson convenience store clerk survives robbery and shooting

The Left drones on about how if you do what the bad guys say, then they will leave you alone. Too bad that isn't true.

A guy decides to rob a convenience store, and even though she cooperated he pistol whipped and shot her.

“I looked over again and then I noticed a gun. My heart just dropped for a second. That is whenever he told me to give him all the money. I obeyed everything he said,” said Olvera. “Then he pushed me out the way. The last thing I remember is him pistol whipping me, and he shot.”

Miraculously, her injury is minor and she is expected to recover, physically. But consider that she did everything he asked, and he still shot her.

Cooperating with criminals is a strategy for dealing with a violent encounter. The only problem is that violent criminals don't stop being violent criminals because of something you are doing or not doing. As such, I don't think much of it as a strategy.

Being armed in your own defense is also no guarantee. It too is a strategy. I happen to think it is a better strategy, but you are free to make a different selection.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly why I carried on the job where it was forbidden by threat of immediate termination, carry in all "Gun-Free Death Zones", and simply carry all the time. I refuse to rely on the good graces of a bad guy to let me live after complying with their demands. Threatening my life, that of those dear to me, or just innocents nearby means you (bad guy) are willing to forfeit your life.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.