10 January 2021

Don't Be Stupid - I Know It's Hard

It can't happen to me. Crime happens in "other kinds of places" to "other kinds of people." Yeah, not so much. CPD to drivers: Please, please, please don't leave your cars running on the street | CWB Chicago

You are not protected by your zip code, or the kind of car you drive.

For reasons that defy explanation, large numbers of Chicagoans continue to leave their cars running and unattended on city streets. And those cars are being stolen in droves.

Not counting the 1400 carjackings last year in Chicago, auto theft was up 11 percent.

Try to be a little less stupid out there.

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't spent a winter in Chicago, you can't explain much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up just outside of the city - well about 45 minutes away or so...

      I went to college at the University of Chicago. One January the mercury hit 33 below zero. Not the wind chill.

      I spent many years working in the City (it is really cold on El platforms!) and a couple of years commuting from the near west burbs to Lake Forest. That was before I went to Florida for the 1st time. (A record for the most number of days where the temperature never got above -10 was the tipping point.)

      So yeah, I understand wanting a warm car.

      Do you understand auto theft?

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.