09 December 2020

Frank Castle Comes to Chicago?

If the police are not allowed to maintain order, then I suppose in this age of Marvel and DC comics it is not surprising that someone will. Would-be armed robber fatally shot in Goose Island moments after wounding victim, police say - Chicago Tribune. Of course in the age of surveillance it won't be easy.

So there was an attempted robbery. The intended victim was shot in the leg, but was able to run home and call 911, sumononing both polce and emergency medical services. The cops also responded the the scene of the crime, and found one would-be bad-guy.

Police officers found the suspected gunman suffering from numerous gunshot wounds to the body. He was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead, authorities said. [SNIP]

It remains unclear who shot the suspected gunman. Authorities said he didn’t appear to have a criminal history with Chicago police.

Hat tip to Second City Cop: Mystery Vigilante? He gets credit for the title to this post, and he says...

We're surprised this hasn't happened before (that we know of).

I tried to find a scene from the Netflix version of The Punisher, in case anyone is unfamiliar. It is so much better than the movie from several years ago, even if it isn't perfect. In the end I settled on the trailer, from season 1. Though really Daredevil season 2 is sort of The Punisher season 0.

3 comments:

  1. Better than the movie? It's one of my all-time faves. Can't pass it by if I'm scrolling through the channels. Now I gotta binge watch another series...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Season 2 of Daredevil is sort of season 0 of The Punisher. Introduction of Frank Castle to the Netflix/Marvel universe. Shows Frank Castle avenging his family's deaths. Dealing with Wilson Fisk, The Kingpin. etc.

      Season 1 of The Punisher is so much better than the movie. The movie had good spots, but I just could not stand John Travolta's attempt at playing bad guy Howard Saint. I have not seen season 2, because I was getting burned out on Marvel.

      2 season of Daredevil, which is good. 2 seasons of Luke Cage, excellent. 3 seasons of Jessica Jones a character I love. Miniseries of The Defenders. I did not care for The Iron Fist, mostly because the actor who plays Danny Rand was only selected because his character had been killed off in Game of Thrones. He sucked as Danny Rand. And that doesn't even count all of the feature films of Marvel and DC...

      Delete
    2. Daredevil season 2 episode 1, after we meet Daredevil again, gives a great intro for Frank Castle. Even if you don't watch all of season 2 of DD, you might watch that one episode.

      I have a friend with Netflix, so we saw most of this as it came out. They might be on DVD at your library. I haven't checked for that....

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.