02 November 2020

Fall Of The Peacemakers

The first half of this song is a bit low-key for Metal for Mondays, but I think it still applies, as there is some guitar work of note. The song is unusual for the time because, it shifts gears about halfway through. I suppose 1983 qualifies this as "Classic Rock." It's hell getting old.

The last verse alludes to the funeral of President Kennedy, who some might say saved the world from a potential nuclear disaster by his masterful handling of the Cuban Missile Crisis, the year before his assassination.

Here's a link to those lyrics for anyone interested.

This is "Fall Of The Peacemakers" by Molly Hatchet from the 1983 album No Guts, No Glory.

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite bands, but then I am old..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another old dude chiming in - No Guts No Glory and Blackfoot's Strikes! were my first introduction to your more serious Southern rock, back in the day when I had a seven-hour truck ride with a dip-spittin' good ol' boy and alternating those two tapes the whole way.

    Topping it off was my first concert (small venue but still) being Hatchet in the early '90s. Kicked ass, wish I'd had a way to record it easily...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your first concert was in the 1990s, then you are not old. Not in my book.

      My first concert was in the 1970s.

      But you get extra points for it being Molly Hatchet!

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.